[IRCA] WHP-580, WTKT-1460 DX tests

WHP-580 presumed with tone and possible code ID at 0005 EST. Creamed by CKWW.

WTKT-1460: code "WTKT" (.-- - -.- -) ID at 0046, under dreadful Canadian oldies on CJOY groundwave, Catholic ETWN fire & brimstone on WHIC Rochester NY, and UNID SS, presumably WKDV Manassas, VA.

Neither were heard very well, but they weren't needed anyway. WTKT QSLed as WCMB in 1977. I think I also have a WHP verie from the 1980s. If there is a DX contest for logging state capitals and/or three-letter calls, give yourself some extra points!

I didn't try for KPRI-1550 test, believing my slim odds of hearing them over downtown Toronto noise and CHIN-1540 slop wouldn't justify staying up until 0400 EST. But if they were heard in London, ON and even in Newfoundland on the same Sony prison ultralight that I have, I might have had a puncher's chance.

73

Mike Brooker
Toronto, ON