[IRCA] KRPI 1550 NOT heard in St. Louis, Missouri

[IRCA] KRPI 1550 NOT heard in St. Louis, Missouri

David and others,

Just a quick note to tell you thanks very much for running the test. It sounds like it was a resounding success all around. Congrats also to the many DXers to whom Washington is a new state. That is always thrilling!

I wish I could report otherwise, but sadly I was unable to copy anything that even remotely resembling Morse code or anything else attributable to KRPI. Conditions seemed decent enough, but there was just too much QRM on the channel. I had definite IDs of WDLR-OH, WPFC-LA, and, for the first time ever on their 5 W night power, WIRV-KY (with ID also mentioning WEKY-1340). But behind these three there was just a constant rumble of flea powered stations, which was just too much for the code or anything else to break through.

Very interesting study in propagation to see who both didn't and did get this test. Apparently, how far south you were was at least as important as how far east you were from Ferndale. Looks like if I had been about 200 miles further north I probably would have gotten it. Interesting how far east it did get! Just not to the south and east.

I did hear the KREW-1210 Sunnyside Washington DX test many years ago, and I have heard KGA-1510 late at night, so it was at least theoretically possible. Hopefully, if the test is repeated next year, I will have better luck!

Again, thanks for running this test, amazing to see how widely reported it was.

Sincerely,

Earl Higgins
RX-321 and 15 m end fed wire thing outside
St. Louis, Missouri, USA (W 90.32 N 38.65)