Re: [IRCA] [Amdx] DX Test Reminder - KRPI 1550 WA this weekend

On Wednesday 22 February 2012 19:01:47 Sylvain Naud wrote:
> Same here. The 1550 channel is altered because of WQEW's IBOC hiss. I
> don't know yet if I will be up at 04:00 EST on Sunday trying to phase
> out Radio Disney. Right now while testing on 1550, WDLR is heard with
> several "La que Buena" IDs. I wonder if they are really running with
> night power which is listed at 29W at the moment?

Not a chance they are running 29W... I'm convinced that they've been running
their 500W day power 24/7 for at least three years.  Moreover, I don't think
they're running their proper DA pattern either... probably pumping that 500W
into a single stick.  Even when CBE was still on, I heard them regularly,
night after night.

I'm not sure I'll be up for the KRPI test either, but whether I'm awake or
just recording in absentia, I'll try to null some of the WQEW hiss and hope
for the best.  You can hear test tones and such under regular stations, but
not under that continuous broadband crud.

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon VE3JF  Ottawa, ON