[IRCA] On the nature of DX Alerts

I am reluctant to chime in on this issue. Paul is an example of a broadcaster, who is also a friend to DX'ers. He's scheduled or helped to schedule several
DX tests, and we're all in his debt.

But I do think he was out of line on this one. This list is about DXing, and once in a lifetime opportunities like that need to be respected. If you monitor or lurk on this list for the purpose of reporting violations to the FCC---you're wasting your time. There are offenders who have been doing so on a daily basis for years. They've all been reported numerous times, and the FCC has taken no action.

The sad part is that Paul's offense is minor compared to the action that some DX'ers have taken in this regard. Curtis, are you here? During my tenure as Test Coordinator, I was shocked at how many DX'ers seemed to consider themselves as unpaid monitoring employees for the FCC. Failing to get "action" out of this agency, some of them turned to harassing station owners, engineers, and even calling other stations on the same frequency hoping
to solicit their support for their "cause".

My own time to spend DXing is very limited. So Tips and DX tests represent the best opportunity for me to log new stations. I'm protective of these lists, and
the people who give generously of their time and expertise to post them.

Paul--you're my friend, and I stand behind you. But I think you made the wrong call on this one.

--
73,

*Les Rayburn, N1LF*
EM63nf