Sent: Friday, January 27, 2012 5:58 AM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] [Lowfer] The "Most Important Algorithm Of Our Lifetime"

Interesting article. Thanks, Les!

-----Original Message-----
From: Les Rayburn <les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Jan 24, 2012 5:18 PM
To: "SDR-IQ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <SDR-IQ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "am@xxxxxxxxxxx" <am@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "abdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <abdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "vhf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <vhf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, WSJT Group <wsjtgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "lowfer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lowfer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Fascinating article on how an MIT breakthrough could speed up Fast
Fourier Transforms (FFT) calculations by X10. For those of us interested in
communications, FFT has made possible the creation of Software Defined
Radios (SDR), moonbounce communications with small antennas, and low
power, and
countless other innovations.

Imagine if you could work moonbounce at exciter power levels using a
small Yagi, or if you could purchase an SDR USB key that would offer
performance far
exceeding that of a Drake R8B? It's all within the realm of possibility
within the next few years.

http://www.fastcompany.com/1810522/mits-math-breakthrough-could-transform-your-phone-tablet-pc-tv-mri-scans?partner=homepage_newsletter

--
73,