Re: [IRCA] KRSN 1490 DX Test

Talk about pulling teeth.  Local KFFN, 5.3 miles away, made it just a week bit difficult!  The tightest null I could get was almost north-south which was about 45 degrees from ideal. This was with my ULR Tecsun PL-310. I did hear high pitched sweep tones, phone off the hook tone and code that was only semi-audible until the very end and even then didn't get much copy.  From what I assume was the closing announcement, several mentions of Los Alamos, New Mexico were noted.  So ... it's going in the log with thanks to all responsible.  Also had a Fox News station fade up to a respectable level, but no ID. Given the direction and programming, assume this was KYCA, but it won't go in the log.

Bob Coomler
Tucson, AZ