Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:57 AM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] WHO and iboc

That sounds like a good step in the right direction. I would also like....
(snip)

These do not run IBOC in the Providence, RI area: WBZS-550, WPRO-630, WPRV-790, WRNI-1290.

WHJJ-920 does run IBOC daytime, but never at night. Their antenna system isn't broadband enough to run it on night pattern. It's the only one in town that still uses IBOC. I do think that if it were to fail, they'd never bother to repair it.

WBZS (Former WDDZ) also never ran it at night for the same reason. The current owners don't use IBOC. I was the contract engineer for WDDZ and there was never even one listener who contacted them about IBOC.

I never saw WPRV-790 run IBOC. WRNI also isn't inclined to use it, even though it's installed.

As for upgrading audio to better quality? All but WRNI are talk, such as news and business. WRNI is Hispanic and does have music. FWIW, the RI Public Radio programming moved to WELH-88.1 FM. The Hispanic programming now on WRNI was swapped from WELH on that change.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI