[IRCA] For DXers targetting 1700-XEPE ....

[IRCA] For DXers targetting 1700-XEPE ....

I recorded a few minutes around 4:00am TOH a few days ago.  This includes, at the beginning, a few ads that target Mexico, read by a couple voices that frequently do those ads.  Their legal ID (in Spanish) is at 2:03 in the clip, after a brief ESPN current/next program announcement.

http://www.mediafire.com/?uytdnncefx78z71

I did edit out a couple other ads & sponsor messages, as well as a portion of the SportsCenter update that was talking about coach firings, etc.  An unedited clip is available.
This was recorded on the barefoot GE Superradio III.

Hopefully the clip can give you clues as to the identity of sports stations you may hear on 1700, if in fact XEPE is receivable there.

I'm about 15.6 miles (25 km) north of XEPE's transmitter.  I'd like to know ... who, of you DXers that don't receive XEPE at all in the daytime in summer, have received them at night at least as strong as I hear them?  (The clip was recorded at 4am, but it's a fairly solid signal 24/7 with a little nighttime skywave/groundwave fading here and there.)  Also what equipment do you use?  (I'm especially interested to find out how far it's received at night on pocket radios, using only the built-in ferrite bar antenna, as strong as I hear them in the daytime.)