Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Building a "state of the art" MW DX station

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Building a "state of the art" MW DX station

Les, you may want to consider a "stealth" antenna of another sort - a flag.

It can be mounted in a rectangular array on an outer wall or an interior wall or between trees if they're situated properly. Since the wire used can be fairly small, it hides well.

That also requires a matching transformer. Details can be found amongst some of Conelly's articles or Bruce Conti's.

I'm just not sold on a vertical in a high noise location. Most man-made electrical noise is vertically polarized, and the use of a vertical frequently increases the signal/noise ratio.

Russ Edmunds
15 mi NNW of Philadelphia
Grid FN20id
<wb2bjh@xxxxxxxxx>