Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Asian language station on 1540 KHz?

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Asian language station on 1540 KHz?

Good to see you here Les. I don't know if anyone has answered, but your Asian on 1540 could either be CHIN Toronto

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CHIN_(AM)

Or KGBC Galveston

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KGBC

The Toronto station is independent and multilingual (including non-Asian languages), the Galveston station is CRI (100% Chinese government controlled programming). I believe both stations have webstreams, so the next time you run into this you should be able to figure out which one it is, if you are near a computer. Both have been heard here in St. Louis Missouri, with the Toronto station being downright regular.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Earl Higgins
RX-321 and 15 m end fed wire thing outside
St. Louis, Missouri, USA (W 90.32 N 38.65)