From: neilkaz neilkaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Fri, Dec 16, 2011 3:30 pm
Subject: [Amdx] My first two VA GYers logged from near Chicago

Using my current south antenna (just one of these rather than the array of two)
 recorded from 800 to 1600 KHz for about 30 minutes starting just after 5 pm
ST on Dec 14. CX seem to have been quite good towards my SE then.
http://realmonitor.com/tworidges/2xdoubleKAZ.pdf  This is the version of the
HDL antenna that I've modelled and continue to test that seems most broadbanded
or total BCB band coverage. Beamwidths are about 100 deg, which compares to
bout 138 degrees for a single flag-type antenna at 15 degrees above the
orizon. Back null width is also greater than when using just a flag and I get
ittle off the back end unless it is normally very strong.
On 1230, I was surprised to see WABN mostly dominant and often listenable for a
hile with oldies and ID's as WABN 1230 AM 103.3 FM at 1708 and 1714 CST. During
he same period I found WHHV sometimes atop 1400 but not as good and with
everal ID's and address and phone number given.  73 KAZ Barrington IL Perseus
nd DoubleKAZ south