[IRCA] Interesting ULR statistic

Many of our ULR alumni and enthusiasts will appreciate this
observation...

I am re-launching the DXer.ca website -- as a University IT
guy, I am a true believer in the "faster, more secure, more feature rich..."
school of thought when it comes to web deployment.

Now that fact alone is not particularly interesting, what I did discover
yesterday while reviewing some of my annual and semi-annual stats on
website traffic may astound our readers... while on the subject of the ULR faction
within the hobby.

As many of our web readers know, DXer.ca features a download area for
"All things Ultra-light radio..." dozens of "documents" which I tend to
call eBooks because that is what they are - story manuals on every facet
of this corner of radio world.
This, or much of it, was "mirrored" on the Yahoo ULR group while John Bryant
was alive (and still is...) He was true believer in re-duplication and
covering all bases where files were concerned.

I digress.
What I found in my stats reports that the total number of document or "eBook"
downloads in the ULR file area on DXer.ca has now exceeded over
100,000 copies - over a 2 or 3 year period!

Which is utterly staggering... and very refreshing - it is a true indication
of how very alive our hobby is.
This should be celebrated in some fashion.

Currently, as I redevelop the site, I am also re-thinking of CD sales section
(100% of which goes to a local charity - and we (Ian McFarland and I) are
moving to a download library for all spoken word CD sets (by subscription of course...)

Seeing how tremendously successful the hobby is, via a handful of interesting statistics
gives me much hope for the future.

Have a happy and healthy festive season Ladies and Gentlemen!

73,