[IRCA] Alberta TPs for 7 Dec 2011

The most interesting morning of the last week, at least. The upper channels were once better than the lower today, with the area about 1500 khz very lively. 693 was doing well, but that was the only low band signal that did much, with the big guns on 747 and 774 only reaching carrier status.
  Today's audio:

558 - unID, faint traces of audio
594 - Japan, fair-good
693 - Japan, easily the best signal from Japan again today
1422- Japan, weak audio with a brief peak at 1457.
1458 - unID, very weak audio at 1451 with man and woman speaking
1503 - Japan NHK1, parallel with 594, though 1503 had better signal at this point.
1566 - S.Korea, fair
1575 - VOA Thailand, reached audio level at 1453
1584 - this one has me confused. Vocal by a man noted at 1457, definitely parallel with 1503, yet I can't find any NHK outlets on 1584. Couldn't check 594 at this point, as it was inaudible. 1593 - Thought this was China at first, but turned out to be NHK2 Japan, //693 khz. Quite good at times 1602 - Japan, NHK2 synchros. Weak audio, but good enough to confirm parallel with 693

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta