Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] WWDX, was Re: KQNK-1530 on late with K-State basketball

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] WWDX, was Re: KQNK-1530 on late with K-State basketball

>What's even stranger; if you go to http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/cdbs/pubacc/prod/app_list.pl?Facility_id=54829 and click on the first record (the only one dated 2011), they applied for, and apparently were granted, Special Temporary Authority to be silent earlier this year due to technical problems. I don't see any further correspondence indicating they have returned to the air. So apparently, not only are they a daytime station with no nighttime authority, they aren't even currently supposed to be on the air AT ALL.

They can legally return to the air without filing additional "paper"work in advance -- if they're back on the air, that's legal.

Stations that are going to remain off the air for more than a brief period (48 hours?) must notify the FCC.  When they're off due to a technical failure like this, they can't know in advance how much time they're going to need.  They ask for more time than they think they're going to need, so they don't have to keep filing again & again for extensions.

Once the work is done, the station can legally return to the air immediately.  Really, it wouldn't make sense to require them to remain silent until their Silent STA expires, when they're ready to return earlier.