Re: [IRCA] 1350 CIRA-5

Back when Oshawa was still on, Akron was a big problem in the evenings.    Way back in the day, CKLB carried Montreal Expos baseball.  I remember loaning my brother my Realistic TRF  so that he could try and listen to CKLB in the evening.   This was back in 1980-1981 or so when the Expos were contending for the National League East.   We were about 34 miles to the west of the CKLB xmtr.

________________________________
From: Rick Dau <drummer1965usa@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2011 6:31:41 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] 1350 CIRA-5

Niel, I was about to ask how much of Akron you get there at night, but I got my answer by going to radio-locator.com.  Looks like their null is protecting what used to be CKDO-1350.   And now that CKDO is gone, would there be any reason for that null to continue?  WARF could certainly tweak its pattern a little if it wanted to.

73,
Rick Dau
South Omaha, Nebraska