Tony and all,

I was thinking of Greenland recent MW closure, not Iceland. Sorry for the confusion...

Sylvain

Le 2011-11-12 21:57, Sylvain Naud a écrit :
Hi Tony,

I'm also hearing NA 359 here (...and thanks for advising!). As you may have learned, Icelandic MW has been shut down some months ago so there's very little left to dx from up there. 189 still is definitely, the most reliable frequency heard here.

Sylvain

Le 2011-11-12 21:22, Tony Ward a écrit :
Hey Sylvain, well done. I am hearing a Greenland Beacon (NA 359) tonight with a fair signal, but cannot quite reach Iceland (except on LW AM, where quite good on 189). I don't think this new one (1350.077)will exactly gum up the frequency. It was barely ahead of 11 others of very similar strength on the Perseus display, and only on the 50 degree BOG.
  Tony (VE3NO)  ComputerViz,  NYAA Starfest

tonyward@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.nyaa.ca

Can Schrodinger's cat ever think outside of the box ... ?

________________________________
From: Barry McLarnon<bdm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, November 12, 2011 9:09:39 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] New Station on 1350

On Saturday 12 November 2011 20:34:39 Sylvain Naud wrote:
Mmmh Barry... here's again my recording of CIRA at 17:14 EST with full
ID (from CJEU):

http://www.quebecdx.com/mp3/cira_1350.mp3

I heard it on 1350.077 as you did so I may have been contending as well
for one of the first out-of-town logger :-)

Good that there was something to cheer because TAs aren't bringing up so
many surprises these days.
Well, there was no prize to be first, but well done!

I am definitely not cheering, as I gain a local on a good DX frequency. :-(

Barry