[IRCA] KCKN

Greetings,
Details remain sketchy but yes a sale is imminent, as for the future,
preliminary info that I've received is the day classic country format will
remain and night will switch to Spanish religion, partly off the bird from Radio
 Vision Christiana in New York/Jersey
with a separate, locally sold, four hour block to end a midnight that  will
be only on KCKN.
Hate to see her go but good ole dinosaurs have had a rough row to hoe for a
 while now.  The station does good locally (100 mile radius) despite having
 six local FM's to fight over $ with but response from long distance has
taken  it's toll.
Of course we have been doing English religion at night for a number of
years.  Like KFAB we are one of the last operations still running a tube
(Continental) transmitter but with an electric rate less than 5 cent kwh we have
a cheaper power bill than a lot of big city boys.  Of course they don't get
 to pay 5g for a final tube.
As a fellow Dxer I appreciate all the nice comments.
Jerry Kiefer
Roswell, NM