[IRCA] Help please from Salem and Vancouver tower historians

[IRCA] Help please from Salem and Vancouver tower historians

With the discussions about transmitter locations today, I thought this would be a good time to ask a favor of you tower experts.

I'm not sure what my westernmost catch is.

In April 1976, I heard code from a DX test from KSLM-1390 in Salem, Oregon.

In February 2005 I heard CKWX-1130 in Vancouver, British Columbia on an unattended overnite recording.

The longitude of Salem and the longitude of Vancouver are so similar that one or the other can be shown as "more west", depending on what atlas or website you're consulting.  So the coordinates of each station's transmitter sites would have to be known in order to know who's farther west.

KSLM would still be farther west, according to where the towers are today.  But I would appreciate knowing where their stick was in April 1976, there being no source I'm aware of that can give you old-time transmitter coordinates.  Broadcasting Yearbook would eventually provide them, but had not yet begun to in '76.  Google sez their tower was on a hill in West Salem in the 1950's, and that the address was 520 West Hills Way NW.  Google Maps shows that address today with a suburban home and not a tower in sight.

So my questions are: Where was KSLM in 1976, and are CKWX's towers still where they were in 2005?

Thanks to all who can help!

Steve Francis
Alcoa, Tennessee