Re: [IRCA] WGBW 1590

On 10/24/2011 7:24 PM, GEORGE SANTULLI wrote:

Bill, I think there has been a city of license change. Here in
Virginia I did hear an ID of WGBW Denmark-Greenleaf. I checked my
Rand McNally because in listening to the audio recording it was clear
it was WGBW, but was not so sure of Denmark-Greenleaf until I checked
to see that these two towns, not contiguous, were northwest of Two
Rivers.... George in Northern VA

I'm pretty sure what they're saying is actually "Denmark-Green Bay." The relocation from Two Rivers up to Denmark was designed to give WGBW a city-grade daytime signal over Green Bay, which is by far the largest community in that corner of northeast Wisconsin.

WGBW owner Mark Heller can be reached at wgbw@xxxxxxxxx