[IRCA] New TA

Jim Renfrew, Holley NY

OCT 20

0004 1251 "Radio Libya" Tripoli This is usually just a strong het, even on the car radio. I've never had audio until tonight. And enough audio to parallel with a Global Tuners receiver in Italy. Too muddled to hear speech on the Drake, but the online remote receiver was a match with the upbeat music I was hearing over the air. The Global Tuners feed had several "Radio Libya" IDs. Used to be the "Voice of Africa". Very upbeat music program tonight - sounds like the DJ is programming happy music. One song has been played several times - I recognize the word "Libya" in it. Maybe some sort of victory song? Music played through the top of the hour at 0100, but IDs heard periodically between the music. Now playing a song at 0104 with refrain "Libya, Libya, Libya. Over the air signal long gone now.

This is Libya #3 for me I think. Others logged are 972 and 1125.