October 19 2011

___________________
Radio Heritage News
October 2011
Free World Radio TV
Handbook Offer.....
___________________

Hi everyone

As I write this, our long suffering and hard working webmaster has
flown in from another island and for some reason is already in a
local alehouse...he says it's because they have free wi-fi...but
we're worried we're driving him to drink...........

He's been very busy lately...come along to www.radioheritage.com to
see just some of his hard work......

For Aussies....
You'll find mid-1940s features on some old familiar names like 3HA
Hamilton, 3SH Swan Hill, 3TR Sale & Gippsland, 2DU Dubbo, 2GN
Goulburn, 2XL Cooma, 4GY Gympie, 2WL Wollongong... all with great
photos, old adverts, smooth logos and much more...

We're also teasing you with the new Australian Radio Pioneers
series...starting with 2KY Sydney The Olympian, The Red, The Pioneer,
The First and The Founder...there is a common theme...and several
hundred to follow in the coming months... so check us often for new
features.......

You can now choose your favorite feature and we'll add your name to
it to show your support....just become a sponsor....all the details
are at www.radioheritage.com.

As an extra bonus..we'll throw in a FREE World Radio TV Handbook 2012
shipped anywhere in the world....so show your support today!

As it's the 70th anniversary of Armed Forces Radio 1941-2011, you'll
find a six-pack [to continue the beer theme] of new features saluting
AFRS in China-Burma-India...

AFRS The Ledo Road, AFRS WOTO Bhamo, AFRS India-Burma, AFRS VU2ZP
Bangalore, AFRS VU2ZP Signs Off and AFRS VU2ZS Misamari....and you'll
find wonderful rare photos add color to these contemporary stories...
a great lesson in Indian radio history for those who thought only All
India Radio broadcast from the sub-continent.....

Pacific Asian Log [PAL]... the fantastic guide to thousands of AM
radio stations across the entire region is now updated by Bruce
Portzer in Seattle and you can search it online or download a copy at
www.radioheritage.com.

Kiwis get lots of new stuff to read...
New features about 1ZD Tauranga, Ridge Kids on Radio, Musick Point
Radio 500 AM, Gisborne Switch Off, Human FM Coffee Hits, 88.1 Mangere
Town, GO FM Titirangi, Local Radio Woodville, Blue 100.3 FM
Kaikoura...and even more...so check them out today.

Top 5 Books for October are #1 Champagne & Caviar by James Kefford,
#2 Basic Antennas by Joel R Hallas, #3 Changing Stations by Bridget
Griffen-Foley, #4 American Radio in China by Michael A Krysko and #5
An Air War with Cuba by Daniel C Walsh.... along with hundreds of
other radio books in our fine bookstores at www.radioheritage.com.

Our latest radio heritage documentaries are currently available to
download from Radio New Zealand International www.rnzi.com...

Go to latest audio and look for the Mailbox programs for October 3
and 17..... the first covers Contemporary Radio in Micronesia
[Federated States of Micronesia] and the second Contemporary Radio in
the Marianas [Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas]..great
listening, great music, station ID clips...

Write and tell us what you think of them...email
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and let us know which Pacific islands you want
us to report on next.......
You can now follow us on Twitter...like us on Facebook..email
interesting features to your friends from www.radioheritage.com......

You'll also see LocalRadio.Choice at the website now...

This is a new service we're providing for independent local radio
stations..initially in New Zealand... offering a one-stop advertising
sales and marketing program for local advertisers and advertising
agencies...it follows a suggestion made to us as a good means to
generate funds to support radio heritage projects.

Remember, become a sponsor and you get to choose your favorite
feature and be publicly acknowledged in that feature for your
support...as well as being added to our Current Supporter Roll...

and...we'll send you a copy of the World Radio TV Handbook 2012
including shipping worldwide for free...full details are at
www.radioheritage.com today.

Have suggestions for new stories, ideas and more or would like to
help out in some way..or think we should be doing something better?
We can be reached at info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and hope to hear from you
soon.

Thanks, as always, for your interest in and support of our volunteer
attempts to protect and promote radio heritage...we value and need
your ongoing support. We'd love to hear from you.

newsletter because it's sent to all our lists. We are trying to find
a way to fix this using free mail management software... thanks for
your patience.