Re: [IRCA] TP for 6 Oct 2011 from Victoria: All DU

Re: [IRCA] TP for 6 Oct 2011 from Victoria: All DU

Once again, Walt had considerably better DU reception than I did. As he noted, the Asiatics were quite suppressed approaching 1400 UT, with longer Aussie pips on 774 drowning out the short pips from JOUB, but earlier, Asiatic signals were better. Both 774 and 1287 had some Japanese audio at 0900UT, and although Tahiti-738 was quite strong just after 1300UT, 774 was definitely JOUB then with quite a readable signal. 828 and 1566 also had Asian audio at that time, but it was hardly an "Asian opening", just a few of the big guns.

best wishes,

Nick