[IRCA] Fwd: DX in the 1100's

See below....
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "HASCALL, DAVID CIV DFAS" <DAVID.HASCALL@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Oct 6, 2011 3:07 PM
Subject: DX in the 1100&apos;s
To: "Dave Hascall" <dhinfomedia@xxxxxxxxx>, "DX midAMerica" <
DXreports@xxxxxxxxx>

Since I have heard reports that 1120-TN and 1170-SC were on their day
facilities, late, I tried for them.  They were both there, I think
(lol).

1120: On the Grundig, I had definite Sports under KMOX.  I could catch
maybe every fifth word.  On the Eton (with better nulling capabilities),
I could only discern that there was someone with sports.  This would be
Maryville TN.  No ID but I will keep checking as my 1120 tally is just
one. :)  No Oil City, PA.  Nobody but St Louis.  A few years back, I
heard a SSB at 0715 ET and then SS, so that may have also been
Maryville.

Later I tried 1170 for WDEK-SC and I heard definite Carolinas "Beach"
style music.  Good signal and maybe just a trace of Wheeling.  They were
that strong!  One report said Black Gospel was playing last night but I
bet it was an R&B tune as that is one of the components of Beach music.
Caught a WDEK ID just before 0100 EDT.  WDEK is new to my main and ULR
logs!  An oddity: I did hear "True Oldies" liners.  Does WDEK also run
"True Oldies<' or was this someone else?

1190 had C&W strong at times.  Could be Saskatchewan but I'm guessing
that it was Desoto, MO.  Weak WOWO.

t1120 TN Maryville 10-6 0032 Sports way u/KMOX.  Most likely needed
Maryville, TN. DH-IN

1170 SC Lexington 10-6 0058 G at times with Beach Music.  Easily
trumping WWVA. On 10Kw day rig. New!  DH-IN

DH = Dave Hascall
Indianapolis, IN
Grundig S-350 / Eton E-100