[IRCA] 660

So, I asked about a station on 550 earlier today. A different station comes
to mind.

"NewsRadio 660 KEYZ Country" (Pronounced KEYS) Williston, North Dakota I was
associated with KEYZ's sister station, Country Thunder Z96 KYYZ for a few
short months.

We had 2 listeners, husband and wife, who came to pick up something at the
station that she bought on "Tradio" and when they got there, we asked them
how far away they lived.  They lived about 2 1/2 hours away and we were one
of the only stations that they could pick up clearly.

Another day, we had a winner to an Afternoon Trivia contest who said he
listened on his walkman as he drove his tractor in the fields... 100 miles
away.

Who's heard/logged this one?  I heard the thing all the way to Minot one
night and from what I can tell, it almost pounds into Regina at night.

The station USED to be a 5KW/er with 3 towers on 1360 but in the mid 80s,
they moved to a 4 tower site on the other side of town, kept 5KW'ers but
mvoed to 660 and added AM Stereo which they still keep today. Some or all of
the towers for the 1360 array are STILL STANDING in their original location,
25 years after 1360 went off the air.

Paul Walker