Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] CBE 1550 Windsor ON

On 9/30/2011 10:41 PM, Steve Francis wrote:

For those of us with scant chance of a voice ID through the 1550
interference, remember that CBE might play "O Canada" after tonight's
final sign-off.

Based on my experience with previous CBC AM signoffs (I was in the transmitter building when they flipped the switch on CBL), that doesn't seem to be part of their SOP.

CBL and CBM both went straight into repeating loops announcing the new FM frequencies, which continued to run for 24 hours or so after the official sign-off. No "O Canada" at either, and I don't believe CBA did one, for that matter...

(But there is reason to believe there may be a repeating loop still up on 1550 for the next day or so, which might give some DXers a shot at hearing CBE without HSFB in the way.)