Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] CBE 1550 Windsor ON

On Friday 30 September 2011 14:31:25 Chernos Saul wrote:
> Then what about this CRTC decision, issued today under streamlined
>  procedures? APPROVED – Extension to 16 June 2012 of the time limit to
>  implement the English-language FM radio programming undertaking CBEW-FM
>  Windsor, Ontario, approved in CBE Windsor – Conversion to FM band and new
>  transmitter in Leamington, Broadcasting Decision CRTC 2009-349, 16 June
>  2009. This is the first extension to be granted by the Commission.

Darned good question, Saul.  I've heard from two different people at CBC
Windsor that CBE 1550 will definitely be shut down at midnight tonight, and
they should know.  I seem to recall that the extension was requested because
the Windsor FM transmitter was experiencing some interference issues,
possibly related to IBOC from a Detroit station.  I can only surmise that the
issues were resolved somehow, so that the extension beyond September 30 is no
longer needed.  We'll find out for sure tonight, I guess!

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon VE3JF  Ottawa, ON