Re: [IRCA] Newfoundland Ultralight Radio Trans-Atlantics Report Sep25/11

Re: [IRCA] Newfoundland Ultralight Radio Trans-Atlantics Report Sep25/11

909-Unidentified 22:06UT/23 Arabic talk under BBC England

Intriguing ...

945-Unidentified 2:45UT/24 woman talking (under France) not Romania

Radio Rossi or Iran?

1224-BULGARIA-R. Bulgaria Vidin, 1:46UT/24 Bulgarian music & songs, talk
***NEW**(AW-BH)

Distinct interval signal

1233-Unidentified 3:05UT/25 woman in Arabic (tenative Morocco)

EMWG lists this with limited operating hours, 1500-1600, 1620-1800. Cyprus TWR/RMC is also limited hours, 0255-0330, 2025-2215, but your report is 0305 so it might fit since it is Arabic. However, I recall this is a challenge to hear with a directional antenna aimed east, though we have heard it at Cappahayden. And the ubiquitouos Iran is also here.

I'm continuing to review Perseus recordings from last November. The Iranian signals are often IDable at the half hour witrh a distinct three tone interval signal right on the half hour, sometimes delayed as much as 15 seconds. This IS really cuts through the interference. Sometimes the IS can be heard at the top of the hour, too.

Jim Renfrew, Holley NY