[IRCA] EWE and FLAG antenna question

From: BARRY DAVIES barry.davies25@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, 24 September, 2011, 13:35

Gentlemen I have one of those "niggly" questions!
I have just adjusted the resistance on my Flag antenna. The adjustment was only 50 Ohms, after 6 days, but dropped the S meter on stations to my East. With the EWE you have a direct link to earth/ground so adjustments to the resistance makes sense to me. The Flag has no direct contact with earth/ground. How come I still have to adjust the resistance?

Best wishes

Barry :-)    (Carlisle UK, PERSEUS)