From: "HASCALL, DAVID CIV DFAS" <DAVID.HASCALL@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sep 23, 2011 10:51 AM
Subject: First new station of the year - My DX Season is on!
To: "DX midAMerica" <DXreports@xxxxxxxxx>, <dhinfomedia@xxxxxxxxx>

DX'ed for a few minutes at SSS last night (and for a few seconds, the
night before).  Local Sunset is about 1940 EDT and the signals really
spiked about 5 minutes later.  The night previous, I heard WJOX-AL 690,
which was quite loud, considering WLW's strong IBOC.  I was able to null
the offending sideband down to hear their FOX Sports at armchair copy.
The TOH ID was heard and then nothingness as they switched from their
50Kw ND day rig to the 500w DA night setup.  They were kind enough to do
the TOH ID staging bed before powering down 10 seconds later, lol.

Last night, same signal, so if anyone needs WJOX, try between 1945-2000
EDT.  Earlier last night, I landed WMTN-TN 1300 which is new to the
overall log.  Added WJOX and a few others to the ULR only logbook.  WMTN
is TN #71!

This past January I bought an Android Smartphone on a $25 unlimited data
/text / email and 300 voice minutes, Virgin Mobile plan.  What have I
done in years past, without it?  I can Google advertisers, check Barry's
site and such, on the fly.  In the past, I would scribble notes down and
try to check later, not knowing if I copied everything down.  Awesome!

690 WJOX AL Birmingham 9-22 2000 Loud w/FOX Sports in WLW's IBOC null.
TOH ID at 2000, seconds before changeover to night facilities. DH-IN

1300 WMTN TN Morristown 9-22 1944 VG w/local ads (verified by Google)
and Morristown mentions.  I then heard SS at 1945.  Did WMTN power down
and another station replaced it or are they running some SS?  At any
rate, it is NEW! TN #71.  DH-IN

73

DH-IN = Dave Hascall
Indianapolis, IN