Re: [IRCA] Nearest locals

Ouch Dennis,

I have a few pests myself that make DXing a bit of a challenge at times.

KXRB 1000 10KW /100Wt, both directional, 5 miles
KSOO 1140 10KW ND/5KW Dir. 4 miles
KELO  1320 5KW ND/Dir. 3 miles

The directional patterns of those 3 converge in my living room.
Last winter I heard Niel Boortz ranting about something or another on the chain link fence (KSOO) and country music coming from the toaster (KXRB). Maybe I should have sent reception reports ;)

There's also 2 low power stations
KWSN 440W ND day/night at 6 miles
KZOY 500W ND day only, listed as 6 miles but more like 1 1/2 miles. I can see their 400' tower from my kitchen window when the trees are bare.

We also have a 1W transmitter on 1620 on the other side of town but I have yet to log it at this location.

On the upper SW bands I've had problems from the KELO TV 2000' tower about 7 miles away., 2 full power TV stations and a low power translator, 3 (4?) FM and the NOAA station plus State repeaters and who knows what else.

Finally got the last parts in for my receiver project. Hoping to be doing some serious DXing this weekend.

Tim Hills
Sioux Falls, SD