[IRCA] Ultralight Reception of 209-Mongolia

[IRCA] Ultralight Reception of 209-Mongolia

Hello All,

Like Steve, I had decent reception of 5 Radio Rossii Longwave TP's this
morning (153, 180, 189, 234 and 279 kHz), plus low-level female vocal
audio on 209 kHz around 1227 UTC. After recording several minutes
of this female vocal audio I was able to check the Mongolian SW
parallel on 4895 kHz (whose signal is almost as tough to receive on the
PL-380 as the 209 kHz station) and confirm the identity as one of the
two Mongolian stations on the frequency. This was a new Ultralight TP
country here, and to my knowledge, the first time that 209- Mongolia
has been received on an Ultralight radio by a DXer in North America.
This was received on a barefoot PL-380 inductively coupled to a new 8"
Longwave FSL, with the audio occasionally at a fair level (headphones
recommended)   http://www.mediafire.com/?h31avcnc9vm0ydy

The NDB conditions were not as good as yesterday, though, and medium
wave TP audio this morning was limited to the "big guns." 747-JOIB was
pegging the PL-380's S/N display at 25 temporarily with its English
language lessons at 1331 http://www.mediafire.com/?5pwoeb46a52c49f ,
but except for this and several other commonly strong TP signals,
it was a pretty average Asian morning here.

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA)
Barefoot Tecsun PL-380 + 8" Longwave FSL
http://www.mediafire.com/i/?3ihi7a9d924prhg  and 8" MW FSL