From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: am <am@xxxxxxxxxxx>; amdx <amdx@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, Sep 7, 2011 8:02 pm
Subject: Re: WVLZ-1180 and WKCE-1120 on with HS football

Steve
I am guessing that both stations will be continuing to run after-hours
hen.
ven more curious, as I happened to do an archive search of the Daily
imes (the paper serving Blount County tn and the communities of Alcoa and
aryville)
s that high schools signed agreements with those stations to be their
fficial voice with the knowledge that they were licensed as daytimers.
n oddity that I discovered regarding radio coverage for TN sports is that
chools designate one (and only one) station to carry their games
stensiably due to limited room in school pressboxes.
eedless to say, as I found out while in Alcoa/Maryville last week is that
ot all stations were happy with this.
BCR (am 1470) as an example is running little blurbs blasting school
fficials for their perceived being locked out in the assignment process;
pparently, they were shocked that Alcoa high went with a licensed
aytimer rather than them when WBCR lost out to AM 1400 WGAP for Maryville
ames.
ind of crazy, and I wonder if eventually 1120/1180 will be haring from
he FCC for this rather obvious breach of their licensing authority.