Re: [IRCA] KCTE off frequency

I happened to be doing some overnight recordings last night on my Perseus, and noticed an off-frequency signal on 1510 (well actually more like 1509.82,and fluctuating, as you noted), which must have been KCTE. Didn't 'catch a call sign, but did hear the "Hot Talk" slogan. Another oddity on 1510 was that KMSD Milbank, SD was dominating most of the night, not typical if they were on night power.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta

amdxer@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Around 03:00 CDT this morning I noted the resultant
het/rumble this station caused against WLAC.  For several
minutes the rumble was changing frequency indicating their carrier
was drifting. Tom Jasinski Joliet