Re: [IRCA] TP's for August 23, 2011

Hi Kaz,

At the old location with the NW ewe, JOUB 774 & JOBB 828 were usually
the first stations heard in August.  At our new place, HLAZ 1566 is the strongest
TP on MW.  I was really surprised that I could hear 5 Russian long-wave
stations on most nights.   At the old location, maybe that would happen twice
a season.  The land here is very dry in the summer, so I water my ground rods daily.
When the rain returns this fall the Ewe antennas should be working better.  I have one
bog, 200' long, that is connected to the Palstar R-30 cc that I use on the night
stand in the bedroom.  All electricity is underground even on the main road.
We have some large pine trees and I'm planning on stringing a loop around them.
A ham nearby saw my antennas and stopped by to talk antennas.  He had a
1,000' loop antenna supported by four tall pine trees, but lost the loop when
some supporting ropes broke.  He's around 75 years old and I told him I would
help him put it back up.   I'm going to try to get him interested in MW dxing.
Our 3 acres is pie-shaped, with the wide area being higher than the point; guessing
a 20' drop.   At this place I don't have to go and raise and lower the antennas
because of CC&Rs.  All four antennas, Kiwa loop, High Performance Active Whip,
SW Ewe and the Long-wire had all heard TP's.  Being 52 miles from the ocean
and a elevation of 1052' I think this place will be a good DX location.  Anyone
with antenna suggestions please let me know.  Thanks for the question Kaz.

Best regards,

Dennis,
Kalama, WA