Re: [IRCA] 585 kHz DU Classic Rock Mystery Station...2WEB

Re: [IRCA] 585 kHz DU Classic Rock Mystery Station...2WEB

Hi Glenn,

It turns out that David is also a member of our Ultralightdx Yahoo
group-- so right after I posted the message claiming reception of 2WEB,
he posted a response to the Ultralight group confirming my reception!
How is that for quick action? The correspondence is pasted below.

73, Gary

Thanks David,

Wow, this was completely unexpected! Thanks a bunch for confirming my
reception of 585-2WEB (and of course I take back my comment about
incoherent mumbling in between lengthy songs!).

Your station was received with a humble ($50) Tecsun PL-380 Ultralight
radio inductively coupled to one of the new, compact Ferrite Sleeve
Loop antennas. But I suppose that the main advantage for me in
receiving
2WEB from North America was being on top of a 400' ocean side cliff on
the Oregon state coast-- a photo of my medium wave DXing setup at the
cliff is posted at http://www.mediafire.com/i/?9w83poo77w8wrvc

Thanks again for this very unexpected honor, David, and also thanks for
the corrections on 2WEB's format and transmitting power (which I will
forward to other radio enthusiasts here in the States).  Your station
has often produced quite strong signals for me during Ultralight DXing
on the Oregon coast, but actual identification was a real challenge. I
will be sure to send off the reception report letter to you as soon as
possible, and many thanks again for your assistance!

73 and Best Wishes,
Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)