Re: [IRCA] CAT 5 was RG11

..is there any info online about how to make bulans for CAT to use
on BCB?

All I did was use a toroid that was good for the MW band. CAT5 is nominal 110 ohm. I think I used ten turns for the coax side, 14 for the CAT5. Square root of 2 is 1.414 so a 10/14 turns did it. Some people like less turns, so 5/7 turns would also work.

Also did a similar balun for a bowtie loop antenna I made last year. Matched the antenna to the CAT5, then the CAT5 to the receiver. Have to say I do like the CAT5 compared to coax.

If you want further info, drop me a note off list. If there's more interest, I could put an article on the am-dx.com site.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI