Re: [IRCA] noise issue update

I've been using CFLs for about 10 years and have never noticed an increase
in QRM. In fact, I have six in my shack, and two are less than a foot from
my radios.

CFLs do seem to make a significant dent in electricity consumption when
there's a house full of them. The downside is that in my experience, they
don't last anywhere near the advertised lifespan of several years,
regardless of whether they're a name brand or store brand.

I've gotten quite a few $5 Home Depot gift cards after complaining to
manufacturers, but I'm starting to believe that CFLs are a waste of money
because they don't last long enough for the energy savings to surpass the
price premium. I hope LEDs are better, but I'm not holding my breath.