Re: [IRCA] KTKR and KVLI

I believe that call was used in the early 90s.
I don't know if the ownership had officially changed but at least its management had. It seemed to be a last-ditch effort for both that station and those particular broadcasters, who were doing live DJ shows, something seldom seen in that station's history after 1959. A handful of people tried their hand at that, probably buying the time, but for the most part, it was a small-town station without much identity.
I'm surprised it survived as long as it did.
Incidentally, in the 1970s or maybe early 80s, the owner's son turned on the transmitter after sunset and did some rock-and-roll boogie. I don't know whether his parents ever knew about it, but from 40 miles away, I did.
 --
Rick