Re: [IRCA] Drake R8 sensitivity

On Wed, 11 May 2011 15:28:56 -0700 mwdxer@xxxxxxxxx (Patrick Martin) wrote:
>The Drake R8 is working much better. The sensitivity seems back to
>normal, but the S meter reading vary a bit from day to day on the
>locals.  I tuned in CKST 1040 barely at threshold and the S Meter was at
>S1 or less, so the S Meter seems to be accurate.
>
>73,

My R8 meter is sensitive to my mood -- but that does not worry me.

Had my 1st long haul 6-meter contact thanks to E-Skip last evening -
Reno Nevada to Victoria on 50 Mhz - running under 9W. Not that unusual I guess.

Colin Newell is the editor and creator of Coffeecrew.com, DXer.ca and BobHarris.com Amateur Radio VA7WWV - Victoria B.C. Canada | Twitter.com/coffeecrew