[IRCA] Seasonal TA dx logs

Filling the gap between the excellent Allan Willies' TA reports, I'll take the opportunity to share mine. I'm used to publish a report for each season and after finally making up for lost time, here's my last Fall and Winter log reports (mostly TAs):

http://www.quebecdx.com/2010_fall_logs.txt

http://www.quebecdx.com/2010_2011_winter_logs.txt

Logs were compiled using Jürgen Bartels' StationList software http://zeiterfassung.3sdesign.de/station_list.htm along with the Perseus.

Despite conditions not as sparkling as they were a year ago, I did manage with a bit of luck to hear an unID Chinese at 1098 KHz in last December. This is the second Asian station I've heard at my sunset:

http://www.quebecdx.com/china_1098.mp3 (12-11-2010  21:14 UTC)

Thanks again to Bruce Portzer and Chuck Hutton for helping on this one through the RealDX list.

...also ERA 2 on 1512 KHz from Crete who was heard here for a couple of weeks in early April gave some interesting results. Here's how it boomed at one time on April 9th at 02:51 UTC:

http://www.quebecdx.com/greece_1512b.mp3

Sylvain Naud
Portneuf, Quebec
CANADA
http://www.quebecdx.com

Perseus SDR
Icom ICR75 with LF mods

228 meters (750 feet) remote controlled switchable termination beverage pointing towards
Africa when terminated (268-88 degrees)
289 meters (950 feet, winter seasonal) terminated beverage towards Europe (55 degrees) 425 meters (1400 feet winter seasonal) remote controlled switchable termination beverage
pointing towards Eastern Europe - India when terminated (215-35 degrees)

Homebrew K9AY with vactrol
T2FD cut for 90m band
Two 30 meters (100 feet) long wire
Homebrew remote wire antenna switcher