[IRCA] Radio Heritage - Just 23 Donors Needed

[IRCA] Radio Heritage - Just 23 Donors Needed

For anyone interested:
---
Special Request
Radio Heritage Foundation
www.radioheritage.com
May 5 2011

Broadcasting Legacy
Worth Protecting?
35 Donors Found,
Just 23 Needed
______________________

Just imagine the loss if someone didn't take care of the stuff
connected to radio broadcasting..the stories, tape recordings,
photos, memorabilia and all the bits and pieces that continue to
daily help shape our popular culture....and if you couldn't share and
enjoy these things for free.

Here at the Radio Heritage Foundation we've done this out of our own
pockets for over 5 years, but our bank manager says no more,
operational costs have to come from elsewhere in 2011.

We want to keep the site free and add much more from the boxes of
tapes, directories, old radio programs, photos and other stuff that
keeps stacking up on a daily basis.

Please visit www.radioheritage.com now and use the donation button
and become one of just 23 remaining donors needed to cover our
operational costs up to April 30. Even $US45 will sponsor one day so
you can see that you can personally make a big difference right now.

Your donation helps cover the costs of storing and researching nearly
100,000 tapes, cassettes, QSL cards, and other radio memorabilia
items; office expenses like printer cartridges, postage, paper,
travelling to protect and save materials from destruction, and all
the other expenses that add up over a year so that we can continue
sharing material through our website.

Governments are slashing budgets and radio stations themselves are
focussed on financial survival and often see no reason to meet these
costs. That leaves it up to people like you and I and we know it's
already been a tough year for many people.

Because of the support already received, we've been able to start
adding more new content to the website, slowly digging in to a
massive backlog of features, stories, research papers, photos and
audio as well as a digitized catalog of thousands of QSL cards and
other memorabilia.

Please go to www.radioheritage.com and donate now, with just 23
donations of $US100 we will meet 85% of the annual running costs up
to April 30, and even $US45 will cover one day.

Radio moves our hearts and minds, informs and entertains us and is
part of the fabric of our daily lives. Hundreds of people like you
have helped us with donations, buying books and CDs and contributing
to our library and collections. Please help us to continue to honor
this trust again in 2011.

Just two months ago, we saw the need for an emergency radio station
in earthquake shattered Christchurch, New Zealand. We arranged for a
mobile FM station to relocate there and were granted an emergency
broadcasting licence. This has helped uplift spirits in the city and
we're especially grateful for the help from many radio stations
around New Zealand who helped us get the station up and running.

Usually, we record radio heritage. This time we had to become part of
it ourselves. Keeping a radio by your side has never been more vital
to your safety. Our radio guides can also help save lives and with
your help we'll expand them in 2011.

A donation of $US100 from just 23 more supporters like you will meet
most of our operational costs for the 4 months to April 30 and $US45
will sponsor a complete day. Please do this today by going to
www.radioheritage.com and using our donation button there.

Thank you for staying with us in 2011 and making it possible for us to
continue to keep this website free to use for everyone, and to keep
bringing together our radio heritage, popular culture and nostalgia
for all to enjoy. Please ask your friends and colleagues to visit
www.radioheritage.com as well.

David Ricquish, Chairman, Radio Heritage Foundation
PO Box 20024, Newtown, Wellington 6242, New Zealand.

the subject header.
We're legally registered as a non-profit organization and New Zealand
residents can get a one-third tax refund for donations. For example,
a NZ$150 donation qualifies for a NZ$50 refund.