[IRCA] Radio Heritage Good News May 2011

[IRCA] Radio Heritage Good News May 2011

Radio Heritage Foundation
www.radioheritage.com
May 3 2011

__________________
Good News May 2011
__________________

Hello, I'd like to give you some good news about how your support and
interest is making it possible to do more in 2011 to help tell more
people about the good role that radio plays in our daily
lives.....and how we're able to record more of this good news at
www.radioheritage.com.

Most of us live busy lives, with many calls on our time, knowledge
and resources, so firstly, thanks for taking some time today to catch
up with us in what I hope will become a more regular [and thus
shorter] message!

You've heard of Elvis Presley? Did you know it's now 50 years since
he released a great record called 'Blue Hawaii' and starred in a
movie of the same name? So to celebrate, visit www.radioheritage.com
for our latest feature which connects Elvis [popular culture], old
movies and songs [nostalgia] and the Hawaiian Radio Dial in 1961
[radio heritage]........and watch out for our new "Blue Hawaii
Competition" which we'll announce in a few days......

Fans of Australian radio will enjoy the new Long Lost Australian
Radio Stars features: 2UW Sydney 'The Station All Australia Knows',
2MO Gunnedah 'A Fine Station in a Fine District', 2HD Newcastle, 2GZ
Central NSW 'Country Service' and 2BS Bathurst 'Centre of the
West'.....now over 40 of these features are available at
www.radioheritage.com..so please enjoy them.......

The recent ANZAC Day [April 25] commemorations encouraged us to add a
brand new feature 'Fighting Voices from Downunder' tracing radio 'in
action' from 1939 through to 1970. This includes Australian, New
Zealand and American radio services through several shared conflicts
of that time.

You'll also find coverage of the Christchurch [NZ] Earthquake and the
mobile radio station we arranged to have broadcast from the city
within a couple of weeks, 2ZW The Voice of the Capital City, and a
completely expanded Bookstore & More at www.radioheritage.com...now
with 200+ hand picked books..and our Top 5 Books of the Month for
May....the ARRL Antenna Book, Fresh Air, Champagne & Caviar, Radio
Shangri-La and the World Radio TV Handbook 2011...........all great
reading, and book bargains from just 1c as well..

In the coming weeks you'll find more changes at www.radioheritage.com
as we work with our new on-line publisher Chris Mackerell to make the
website easier to read, less cluttered, and with more new features.

This is part of the good news that you're helping make possible, with
35 donors coming foward since January to help us cover our daily
operational costs...we just need 23 more at US$100 each to fully
cover those costs to April 30....and you'll shortly receive a special
request to become one of these 23 supporters.

In the meantime, you can visit www.radioheritage.com now and use the
donation button there if you like what we're doing and want to see
much more free content such as:

* PAL Pacific Asia Radio Guides,,,thousands of AM and shortwave
listings
* Long Lost Australian Radio Stars...40 features and more to come
* AFRS Armed Forces Radio Memories....honoring those who have served
* Low Power FM Radio Guide...1,599 listings from New Zealand..more to
come
* Pacific Radio Island Style...features about Pacific broadcasting
* and much more from our volunteer team of researchers, compilers &
writers

Remember....watch for our new 'Blue Hawaii Competition' coming soon,
more great features and updated PAL Radio Guides...and our Special
Request inviting you to join the 35 donors who've already made a
wonderful contribution towards our operating costs since January....

Warm wishes and do stay in touch
David Ricquish and the entire team
Radio Heritage Foundation
www.radioheritage.com