From: Stephen Airy <pianoplayer88key@xxxxxxxxx>
To: irca <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, Apr 29, 2011 2:42 pm
Subject: [IRCA] PL-606 LW/MW plug-in antenna mod?

Hi all (especially ULR tinkerers)...

I have my Tecsun PL-606 open, as I had to replace a broken whip antenna, and while I have it open I figure I may as well modify the FM/SW plug to also accept LW/MW antennas.  I know there have been a couple PDFs published detailing how to do it with the PL-390 and the PL-310, and someone has said it can be done with the PL-606 as well, but I haven't been able to find instructions for that model. Does anyone by any chance have any photos showing what connections I would need to make / reroute, or are there any instructions somewhere detailing how to do that with the PL-606? Also I know someone on the yahoo ultralightdx group sometimes will make antennas for DXers (when he doesn't run out of materials or time :) ) but are there instructions posted somewhere for how to make my own antenna?  (I think he's mentioned an LCR meter used for something while making them, but I don't have one, and if I was going to get one wouldn't want to spend more than about $10-20 or so.)

TIA & 73
Stephen