Re: [IRCA] Another history question

Interesting regarding 1040 in Vancouver. Many times this winter they were almost as strong as WHO here. I was able to null one out and hear the other one clearly.
   Kenneth

Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 12:07 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Another history question

A lot of the Canadians protect U.S. stations and send most of their
signal North. Even here at 150-200 miles from the U.S./Canadian border,
some stations are not easy to hear. CHQT-880 & CHQR-770 I get on
occasion, but I have Seatte on both frequencies now. CHQR is under
Seattle nightly, but rarely on top. CHQT is not common, but on the rare
occasion in the afternoons in the Winter mixing with KIXI. One of really
tough ones is log is CHFA-680. I can hear them, but only during good cx
to the North and a deep phase on KNBR. Some stations have tightened up
their pattern to put less signal South especially 1040 Vancouver. Now
barely audible days off the NE EWE and even weak at night, only in the
clear off the NE EWE and off the Eastern beverage WHO is pretty much
alone.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin