Sent: Monday, April 18, 2011 8:02 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] WNAX's daytime signal

They were a regular in Lead, SD, in the northern Black Hills when I lived there; used a TRF w/a Radio West ferrite bar. Listened to 'em once in awhile because they had great state news coverage. I'd rate them about a 3 in 10. Mixed w/Paducah in Ft. Madison, Iowa, about 40 miles south of Iowa City. Heard 'em once during the day in Paducah null when I lived in Witt, Illinois SE of Springfield, but that was a cold, snowy winter day when I also had KFNW-1200 from West Fargo (had 10 kw ND at the time) in all day. On a similar day when I lived in Nebraska I heard WLW at noon on my boom box.

73
David
PS. I also recall the Robertson twins telling me they used to hear WNAX mixing w/WFAA (now KLIF) on their family farm in western KS.