[IRCA] TSN’s Mike Richards set to debut in the Big Smoke

[IRCA] TSN’s Mike Richards set to debut in the Big Smoke

TSN’s Mike Richards set to debut in the Big Smoke

Mike Richards is ready for what comes next. The TSN Radio 1050 morning drive host debuts at 5:30 a.m. ET Wednesday, and he’s heard all the talk. His success in Calgary is a product of a smaller market that won’t fly in his cosmopolitan hometown of Toronto. He will redefine the 25-54 male radio demographic in Canada’s largest market. Or something in between. Characteristically, Richards eschews modesty. He’s not worried, for instance, about Greg Brady and Jim Lang at the rival Fan 590 morning show. “My goal is not to beat the Fan 590 in the ratings,” he said in a phone interview. “My goal is to be No. 1 in the entire demographic.” Hello, John Derringer of Q107.

full article: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/more-sports/tsns-mike-richards-set-to-debut-in-the-big-smoke/article1981260/

TSN-1050 begins tomorrow on CHUM-1050

73

Mike Brooker