Re: [IRCA] DXers under the age of 30

Hi All,

>From the younger side... at least as of 43. Been DXing since my mid teens.

I thoroughly enjoy MW DXing, but can't really can't think of many around my age that DX these days. Hard pressed for them to even listen to MW other than for a ballgame.

Have one friend my age that will now tune into a DX station for the music. Had been a struggle as she does not like static. So when conditions are good, she'll tune in.

Then there are the co-workers that are in their mid 20's and would be surprised if they ever listened to AM. They seem to be focused on the Internet streaming and digital players, with occasional listening on FM.

As far as the future, who knows for sure. There may be a dip in popularity, but after a bunch of years perhaps the youths of tomorrow will rediscover DX on the band. Has happened before- when CD's came out, people said that records were dead. Here we are today and even with the addition of digital distribution, albums are gaining a some traction again. They are not dead.

The only thing I wish was dead about MW is IBOC (aka HD). Now that I lit that fuse, I'm running away........

    Greg Putrich
    N0QDS