Re: [IRCA] Newfoundland Ultralight Radio Trans-Atlantics & DomesticsReport April 8-9

Re: [IRCA] Newfoundland Ultralight Radio Trans-Atlantics & DomesticsReport April 8-9

 702-Unidentified- 2:59UT/9 March music,time pips,French talk

       France/Monaco I would guess

 819-MOROCCO- RTM Rabat (tentative) 00:10UT/9 man and woman in Arabic

       Egypt more frequently heard at Cappahayden

 828-Unidentified-23:00UT/8 Arabic music

       Syria?

 >  954-Unidentified- 00:06UT/9 man with Chanting (possibly Qatar)

       Possibly indeed, I think there's a shortwave parallel for this one.

1026-Unidentified 00:50UT/9 Chanting

       Iran regularly heard here in Cappahayden.

1080-Unidentified- 22:32UT/8 Chanting

       Iran?

1179-Unidentified – 22:53UT/8 Chants under Spanish station

       Iran?

1188-Unidentified- 22:50UT/8 , Drumbeats & Chants (VY STRONG)

       Iran R. Payam

1260-Unidentified- 1:58UT/9 Arabic chanting

       Saudi Arabia?

1332-Unidentified-22:42UT/8 man w/ Slurish sound language, music

       Iran R. Tehran?

1377-Unidentified – 22:38UT/8 Chanting & Arabic ? (tentative Iran) France off at time

       Iran?

Allen, listen for the IRIB interval signal at the half hour mark (Top of the hour in Iran is at the bottom of our hour). It's three distinct tones, like doorbell chimes, low-high-low. The two low notes are the same. I've also heard it at 2302z, but usually at the top of the (our) hour the music or religious readings don't pause for an ID. So the lack of an ID or program pause is another hint that it might be Iran. The interval signal really cuts through stronger signals well. 1188 and 1332 are separate programs from the others. An ID I have heard on the IRIB stations sounds like "Iran Radio Iran", and there is sometimes a stirring martial music piece following. Iran is the new TA "pest" in Cappahayden!

Jim Renfrew, Holley NY