[IRCA] 1130 CKWX

After KWPX 1130 Mt Angel OR came on the air, CKWX Vancouver BC was
clubbered during the day.  Even though CKWX is 50 KW at a little over
200 air miles and has a good amount of signal in the US, KWPX is
stronger with their 25 KW, 100 miles away. Of course CKWX takes over by
LSS, when KWPX drops power and goes directional,  but I have been trying
to get CKWX in the clear during the day. I adjusted the phase on the NE
EWE, knocking down signals to the SW, but of course KWPX is SE of me, so
that did not work too well. Both stations were neck & neck with Mt Angel
having a slight edge. I could no longer get CKWX on any other antenna
duting the day other at all than the NE EWE. Today I  hooked up the
phaser and ran the NE EWE to one inpout and the Eastern beverage to the
other and I have CKWX back during the day at about 90%. KWPX can still
be heard way in the background, but it is not an issue.
   Playing around with the phaser, I found KRCO 690 Prineville OR quite
listenable after phasing out CBU and even I could get Coos Bay OR on
1420 while phasing down KITI Chehalis WA (5 KW directional to the SW, at
me at 65 miles)

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin