Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Getting to the bottom of 1710 - OT Chuckle

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Getting to the bottom of 1710 - OT Chuckle

Paul, you're killing me!! :-D I just turned 61 on 2/1, and radio never gets old. I think the reason that most of us love this profession and hobby is the mystique of a radio signal that has traversed the earth, many times using the ionosphere. Whenever I hear DX, I get an exhilaration knowing that the signal has traveled hundreds or thousands of miles with the help of the atmosphere, magnetosphere and the sun!!
What a rush!!

My Dad was a Ham (I have his call) so I grew up around homebrew equipment, yagis, ozone and a plethora of friends from around the world. To paraphrase Gen MacArthur, my last thoughts will be of the ether, the ether, the ether.

73... Jon W1MNK